Earlier, children loved wearing anything their parents chose for them. But now, all kids want to dress in fashionable clothes. They want to stand out and be relaxed and confident in their own skin. They want to wear attires of their choice, even have their own favorites. Children's clothing includes kids' fashion clothing, readymade garments, rompers, nightwear, tops, knitted wear, winter clothing, kids' summer clothes and organic clothing.
Here, no matter what you choose, you can’t ignore the importance of comfortable clothing. Thus, below we have listed a few factors to consider when buying clothes for kids.
Comfortable Kids Clothing: Factors to Consider
Choose Comfort before Style
Most parents love dressing their babies in flashy clothes. But it is essential that when you buy kids' clothes online, you give more importance to your child’s comfort rather than what’s trending.
If you want to dress them in trendy clothes, make sure that they are cosy and wouldn't irritate their skin. Also, select lightweight, breathable clothes that are easy to wear all day long.
Select Skin-friendly Fabrics
Kids have sensitive skin, which is the reason why they are more prone to skin rashes, irritation, and allergies. To avoid this, parents must select kids' clothes made from skin-friendly fabric. Check the lightness and softness of the clothes and the material used. While browsing through kids' clothing websites, choose clothes made from cotton, velvet, denim or fleece-lined. These are baby-friendly fabrics that’ll keep your baby away from harm.
Get the Size Right
Children grow up quickly, so it is essential to keep a track of their measurements as returning or exchanging outfits time and again can be time-consuming. Avoid stocking up on clothes of similar sizes, as these might get wasted. Instead, shop for trendy kid's clothes that are slightly larger or free size, helping you save money and time.
Choose Age-Appropriate Clothes
Different clothing styles fit different age groups, and kids are generally classified into three age groups - infants, toddlers and children. While online shopping for kids, take into consideration their age to select the best clothes.
- Infants: Infants are babies below two years. You can dress them up in rompers, jumpsuits, sleepsuits and bodysuits. These are without any embellishment and are easy to wear & remove. Also, select lightweight and soft materials. When buying infant clothes online, the sizes available are 0-3, 6-12 or 18-24 months.
- Toddlers: As kids grow up, their height and body weight increase. Kids that fall in the age group of two to three or four are known as toddlers. They tend to lose some baby fat as they engage in more energetic activities that increase their metabolism. For toddlers, dresses, pyjamas, jeans and t-shirts are ideal.
- Children: Any kid above 4 years but below 15 is part of this group. Kids in this age group grow faster and tend to change clothes a lot. Here, buy kids' clothes from comfortable clothing brands that offer different designs, patterns, and sizes.
Pay Attention to the Design and Colour
No matter the children’s outfits, they should be simple, classy, and smart. Depending on the occasion, you could clothe your kid in splendid, eye-catching designs that define their style statement. Kids love colorful clothes in unique designs, so pick the best that makes them stand out.
Clothes Opening and Trimmings
Kids are energetic and tend to mess up their clothes quite frequently. This is why parents should choose clothes that have simple openings and closings. This speeds up the process of changing clothes. Some kids like to dress up by themselves. So, by choosing easy-to-wear clothes, you’d make their task of changing from dirty clothes into new ones simpler.
If you want to make your children's wear distinctive, you can trim them. In trimming, you utilize a decorative stitching machine to create embroidery designs, braids or ruffles on your child's clothing. Remember that hard material with sharp edges should not be used for little kids' clothes, as they can harm their delicate skin.
Select Season Appropriate Kids Clothes
Each of the below weather conditions requires specific clothing for kids. At Scram, you can find clothes suited for the different seasons in India.
- Summer season: During summertime, light clothes are preferred as it gets warm inside the house. Even if you are taking your child outside, dress them in light coloured clothes and carry a hat and sunglasses to protect them from the glaring rays of the sun. Dressing your child in cotton clothes during summer is beneficial as it is soft & light and absorbs sweat efficiently.
- Winter season: Sweaters, thick clothing and jackets are best for the winter season as they will keep your baby warm. You can also bundle them in clothes made of wool or fleece. To learn more about winter clothes, check out our blog!
- Rainy season: Rainy season can get a bit chilly, and kids would require thick garments on top of their clothes to keep them warm in this weather. They can choose to wear a sweater or jacket in this situation. Give your child an umbrella or a hooded raincoat if you take them outside.
Consider Your Child’s Preference
As you shop for comfortable baby clothes, keep their choice in mind. This is crucial because they'll be wearing the clothes. They need to feel happy and cheerful about wearing them. When kids decide on the clothes they want to wear, it helps them develop confidence. As clothes are an essential part of a kid's personality, let them choose and learn by observing their surrounding.
Nowadays, almost all children have a sense of fashion. They want to be their own person, and as parents, it is up to you to guide them in making the right choices. Dressing your kid in comfortable clothes not only puts you at ease but lets your child be carefree and happy. Childhood is a learning phase of life, so always encourage your child to choose their clothes. Also, teach them to dress by themselves and let them develop good taste in everything.
Browse through Scram’s collection of kid's wear. These are designed with comfort in mind, as we know the importance of comfortable clothing.